Antioxidant Powerhouse – NeoCell Collagen+C Pomegranate Liquid
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies. Without it our skin, joints, hair and many other parts of our bodies would start suffering and showing accelerated signs of aging. After seeing the results of taking a collagen supplement many years ago I was converted to the benefits of collagen. Now I am a fan of collagen products and promote the benefits of collagen to others.
I don’t remember how many different collagen products that I have tried, but I can remember the ones I liked the most, and which gave faster results. I have been testing new collagen products for the past few months, primarily because I am keen to the signs of aging more than ever now that I have turned 40! I am aware that we can’t stop aging but if we can slow down the process, then that’s a great result!
One of the things that concern most women is aging. I think aging is nice in one respect, we get wiser and more experienced, but unfortunately we also look older. It is fortunate that many companies have researched methods of aging gracefully, and have developed technologies that have been incorporated into interesting products that we can use as part of our beauty routines.
There are many beauty products with anti-aging claims but only a few that really work in my experience. It is important to test new products to evaluate which ones provide benefits. NeoCell is a company that manufactures natural products, and has been very kind to send me samples from their range of products so that I can test them.
One of my favorite products is NeoCell’s Ceramides Skin Hydrator and shortly after I finished testing that product, I began testing another product from the same company called Collagen+C Pomegranate Liquid for hair, skin, nails, joints & bones. This product has clinically tested NeoCell Collagen + Antioxidant benefits. The product comes in a bottle with 16fl oz (473 ml), and has 32 servings per container. This dietary supplement has 4.000 MG Collagen and Antioxidants as stated in the product’s label. The product also contains Vitamin C, which works together with collagen to help the body better absorb the ingredients. The product does not contain soy, wheat, lactose, starch, yeast or artificial flavors. It is non-GMO and is gluten-free.
According to NeoCell “Collagen +C Pomegranate Liquid is scientifically formulated to internally support collagen formation. Using Neocell’s technologically advanced hydrolization process, large collagen molecules are enzymatically hydrolyzed into small peptides that are both bioavailable and bioactive. This delicious blend combines NeoCell’s award winning, clinically tested BioActive NeoCell CollagenTM with the antioxidant power of pomegranate, green tea, cranberry, elderberry and ionic minerals for added absorption.
What caught my attention about this product in particular is the blend of fruits they use as antioxidants (pomegranate juice concentrate, cranberry juice concentrate, elderberry juice concentrate, green tea leaf extract and liquid ionic minerals). Antioxidants are very important to fight aging and also to maintain immune system strength.
If you are not familiar with the properties of these fruits, I will give a short description of what they can do for you:
– Pomegranate Juice Concentrate: It contains higher levels of antioxidants compared to most fruit juices. It contains more antioxidants than red wine and green tea. It contains more than 100 phytochemicals and it has been used for thousands of years as a natural medicine. It helps to remove free radicals, protect the cells from damage and reduce inflammation in the body. This fruit is loaded with vitamin C, E and K, and is a good source of folate and potassium. It helps with digestion, prevents oxidative stress, it prevents joint inflammation, fights infection and it also enhances sports performance, which is very good for those people that suffer oxidative damage caused by exercises.
– Cranberry Juice Concentrate: It is well known for its properties to relieve urinary tract infection (UTI). This fruit is considered to be medicinal and it has a tremendous amount of antioxidant capacity when compared with other fruits and vegetables. It contains calcium, magnesium, iron, phosporus, sodium, potassium, and zinc. It also contains vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin E and K. Due to the wealth of phytonutrients and antioxidants present in this precious fruit, it can protect the cells from damage caused by unstable molecules called free radicals that contribute to aging, thereby improving the skin tone.
– Elderberry Juice Concentrate: Is one of the most nutritious fruits on the planet. This tiny flavorful fruit has the ability to boost the immune system, increase antioxidant levels in the body, and strengthen bones due to calcium, iron and potassium contained in this superfood. It improves skin and hair health, as it is infused with anti-aging and free radical fighting properties. Elderberries also acts as a natural detoxifying agent and help prevent distressing skin conditions like breakouts, boils and scars. It helps to treat urinary tract infection (UTI), fights inflammation in the body, and improves brain health.
– Green Tea Leaf Extract: It is a rich source of polyphenols, which possess potent antioxidant and skin-soothing properties. It improves the appearance of sun-damaged skin. Green tea can treat many skin disorders, reduce inflammation, slow down aging, reduce oiliness in skin and it may protect the skin from sun damage, because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
– Ionic Minerals: Our bodies rely on ionic minerals and trace minerals to conduct and generate billions of tiny electrical impulses in our nervous system; without these our muscles would not function. Also the cells would not be able to use osmosis to balance water pressure and absorb nutrients. It is important to include ionic minerals in your diet to make sure your body gets the minerals it needs, and to help with nutrient absorption.
My description of the benefits that these ingredients give to us is brief, however there are many other benefits for our health, and I recommend that you investigate these properties further. The combination of these potent fruits makes this product very special as it contains important antioxidants, not to just keep the skin looking good but also to improve body functions.
Knowing the importance of the ingredients I described, I started testing this product without taking any other supplement that could interfere with the result. I took 1 tablespoon mixed in a glass of water every morning in an empty stomach for better absorption, according to the product’s label. The liquid tastes delicious and can be also taken alone if you wish.
I took this powerful antioxidant for a month religiously before my breakfast. I do love products with antioxidants and collagen, and I am always on a search for products that associate collagen with other elements.
The first thing that I noticed was that my skin felt hydrated, even though I stopped taking the Ceramides and other collagen products. The powerful fruit blend helped to plump my skin and fight free radicals. I have been using a AHA cleanser, which I have been testing for a while and I will talk about soon in another post. The cleanser helps to renew the skin but it also makes the skin more sensitive to the sun. Even though I have used cleansers like this in the past and always made sure I put on enough sunscreen to protect from the UV rays and the heat from the sun, I have noticed something different with my skin now.
The Collagen+C Pomegranate Liquid by NeoCell is helping my body fight the free radicals, which in turn protects my skin and lessens the heat sensitivity. I have been doing a lot of walking lately during the day when the sun is hot, and have not had any sunburn or felt my skin sensitive as in the past when I was using AHA products. This is very interesting for me as I can plan what NeoCell products I can use with my skincare products to get better results. This product is recommended to improve hair, skin, nails, joints and bones, and especially for people who exercise a lot and train with weights as I do.
The Collagen+C Pomegranate Liquid by NeoCell is a great product and I would strongly recommend taking this product if you are doing abrasive skin treatments that make the skin more sensitive to sunlight. I don’t know if everybody will get the same result as me, but I felt a tremendous difference while including this product as part of my skin treatment. For me, it is very important to protect the skin from external aggressors and I am confident that this product will help me. I will definitely take this product whenever I do any abrasive type of skin treatment.